Saturday 4 January 2014

Hydration


Far too often people forget to to drink water. Our bodies are made up of approximately 73% water, so it is obviously extremely important to stay properly hydrated. Without enough water in our bodies, we become dehydrated. By the time you feel thirst, that means you're already dehydrated. Being dehydrated means you will feel lethargic, tired, moody, irritated, have an upset stomach, have brain fog, and the list goes on and on. If you find drinking water 'boring', like I hear many people say, try adding some fruit to the water for flavour. 

Some of my favourite combinations are:
• Lemon and lime 
• Mint and watermelon 
• Strawberries and blueberries
• Lemon and cayenne pepper (if you like something with a bit of spice that will kickstart your metabolism)
• Blood orange (or regular) and passion fruit 
• Elderflower and lime 
• Pineapple

I never used to drink enough water, but after investing in a good quality steel and glass drink bottle, I drink 3L or more a day. I carry my drink bottle around with me everywhere because I know how important and essential hydration is and do not want my body and mind to suffer purely because I haven't had enough water. I strongly encourage everyone to go out and but yourself a decent drink bottle (preferably metal or glass) and carry it around with you daily and refill it whenever you finish it. It's crucial to drink AT LEAST 2L of water a day if you want to be feeling and looking your best. 

Amy. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment