Saturday 11 January 2014

Basic Green Juice

Today I am going to post my favourite green juice recipe. I am a huge fan of green juices due to their extremely high vitamin, antioxidant and mineral content. For fast energy and a quick dose of nutrients, I recommend juicing at least a few times per week. 




Green Energy Juice 

You will need: 
  • 1 bunch of kale
  • 500g of baby spinach
  • 3 large cucumber 
  • 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger
  • 2 whole lemons
  • 2/3 apple to taste (optional - I prefer not to use apple, but if you would rather a sweeter juice, use apples or oranges)
The amount of fruit and vegetables used will depend on how much juice you are wanting to make, usually I make just a single cup full of fresh juice and to do that I use the ingredients and quantities listed above.

Place all the beautiful ingredients in your juicer or blender. If you're wanting to retain the fibre, use a blender but if you want your juice to be absorbed into your body quickly, use a juicer (regular or cold pressed).

Enjoy filling your body with delicious and nutritious green juice!

Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment